PLEASE READ STONE SOUP COMMUNITY POLICIES
DUE TO THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE SEEKING ASSISTANCE FOR UTILITY BILLS WE MUST ENFORCE THE FOLLOWING RULES:
- Disconnect notices must be for at least 48 hours (2 days) from now
- Sorry, but we cannot assist you with your bill if it is scheduled to be turned off today or tomorrow
- You must have your current township trustee paperwork with you
- If you have been denied by your trustee because you haven't completed your community service hours, we can't help you until you have completed the services you or someone in your household has agreed to
- You must show proof of income
- You must bring your current (most recent) utility bill with you
- We cannot accept a "disconnection notice," such as a South Bend Water Works "Green Bill" or Mishawaka Utilities "Red Bill"
If you do not have all of these items, our receptionist will kindly ask you to get them and return again.
Additionally, if you have income (or receive a utility check) we will likely ask you to make a payment on your bill before we will offer financial assistance.
We thank you for your cooperation.